Our school’s pedagogy reflects the overarching principles and approach to learning outlined in the Sydney Catholic Schools’ Statement on Authentic Learning. By connecting to the real world of students’ lives, authentic learning enables students to become lifelong learners who contribute to society and the wider world as active and discerning citizens. Authentic learning is central to our work as Catholic educators because it promotes the continual growth and wellbeing of the whole person; spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
At St John Bosco Catholic Primary School Engadine, we value:
- We believe that all teachers design and adjust learning experiences to target the diverse needs of all students to maximise learning growth.
- We believe that all students engage in varied and challenging learning experiences with confidence and competence.
- We believe that all teacher collaboration is focused on improving teaching practice to maximise student learning.
- We believe that students learn with and from each other questioning, challenging and sharing ideas.
Self Directed Learners
- We believe that all teachers take responsibility to lead their own learning for their professional growth.
- We believe that students lead their own learning by setting challenging goals, reflecting on progress and identifying success.
- We believe that teachers provoke new possibilities for learning.
- We believe that students through discovery, challenge themselves to explore all possibilities of learning.